Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I've met myself

Hi there, here comes my new poem. I wrote this one last night while I was falling asleep. It tells the story of a man that has problems dealing with himself. Sometimes we collide with a part of ourselves that isn't nice or that we cannot accept. We are basically swapped in two different personalities. With our friends, parents, girlfriend etc.. we are who we want to be, then with ourselves, while nobody is looking at us, we show who we really are, sometimes angels but sometimes, rotten corpse.
Dealing with our inner side is always hard.


I've met myself.

So I've learned
to live together
with the foul corpse
that in the deep of the night
breathes, beside my chest.

I've known
the austere and hearted inner self,
 but, I've met his gaze
in the mirror
where I looked at me.
Ashamed I fled.

My soul has
rotten smell.



Mauritius Cornelius Escher, Eye

26 comments:

  1. Sums up the human condition quite well, great poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i wanted to explain how sometimes human are :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, that was a great read, well done on the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very deep.
    Who are your favorite poets?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rich, hmmm Baudlaire, B. Brecht, Neruda, Foscolo, Pascoli, Leopardi, and he wasn't a poet but I really love him F. Kafka.
    Yours?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that feeling. Not being able to stand oneself looking into the mirror. Wanting to crush it into flinders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a very deep poem! It's nice and soulful, yet very detached.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your poem. Thank you for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats intense, i love your poetry. It has a lot of heart in it, its real, you actually make the reader feel what you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're such a good writer! Keep up the good work broski!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like it, rare to find good poetry in this day and age.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! You have a gift man!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deep words! Great picture! Following+1

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very good poem!! I used to write poetry all the time. Love this blog!

    Following

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is pretty good, and it is pretty true too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice, keep up the good work:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think the drawing by Escher goes really well with the poem. Good choice and great poem!

    ReplyDelete