Friday, August 5, 2011

Everywhere, always explanation

First of all: thanks to everyone for the 100 followers milestone!

As I promised now I'm going to explain the poem "Everywhere, always"

Let's start from the beginning, the title: everywhere, always means that most of the time we are subject to lose ourselves anywhere, and at any time.

First stanza:
Dangling feet
grazing November’s scrubs,
at the poppy's penumbra
a necropolis of desires.

Well, as you can read, here there is a man whose dangling feet are grazing scrubs, because he is hanged; he also represents the necropolis of desires because as Schopenhauer said as long as humanity exists their life will be filled with desires. At the poppy's penumbra because he is so small in front of the world that he can stay hanged from a poppy's stem.

Second stanza:
I could be dead or alive
what will the Universe feel?
I'm straw, dried straw
without lymph,
I only wait to parch
and become dull ash.

"I only wait to parch and become dull ash" means that when people dies the differences between one another fall apart: no more rich or poor, white or black, all without names and identity. 

Third stanza:
What am I holding in my fist?
Love, a mother
freedom, fleeting health
dreams and wishes,
the sky over my head
and a rope around my neck;

"Fist" when we own something we hold it in our hands, and the things that this man owns are what a man usually wants. But Death own him as well.

Fourth stanza:
I don't blame, I don't accuse
if today I'm writing here,
life is an unconscious gift,
a radio whispering
for who?
I don't know,
inside my fist
I've got everything
that a sane man will ask
ready to parch;

"I don't blame, I don't accuse if today I'm writing here" we cannot accuse anyone if we live in this world. "A radio whispering for who?" a radio generally doesn't whisper, but in this case it does because human life is as feeble as a whisper and most of the time nobody listens to us.
"I've got everything...ready to parch" one day everything we own will eventually come to an end.

Fifth stanza:
Ashes and dust
will fall as hourglass' sand
from my wrinkled hands,
unveiling that everything
is nothing:
where am I?

We can own everything, but without owning ourselves what do we really have?

So this is my explanation of the poem. I hope this will help you to fully understand it.

33 comments:

  1. It's nice to read your ideas on this poem. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool poems keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a really interesting tought

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a way with words, great poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how come I'm not like this? :(

    (lol)

    good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been such a long time since I last thought about poetry analysis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post! Thank you for visiting my blog today. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, thats deeper than i thought. It filled me with an unexplainable feeling. Mix between emptyness and something else. Beautiful piece

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an interesting though. What an interesting emotion and thought that go together..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely stuff! Grats on the 100+ too, will make it a +1!



    http://doyoucareformusicshare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like this and your commentary
    followed

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats on the 100

    http://www.upanduppers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really interesting, thanks for detailing that out for us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great explanation and writing! Congratulations on getting 100 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice idea...like your way of thinking! keep up the good work! following.
    check my blog out!
    http://toughanswer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. "I only wait to parch and become dull ash..." that's a powerful line. Great poem, great article. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations for the 100 followers.

    One more right here ;)

    Really like to read the poem and your explanation of it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. 100! It's a nice number! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good stuff, congrats on reaching 100 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Last thought about poetry analysis during my GCSEs xD Rocked it though ;)

    I like your analysis, although I feel there is far more to be gotten out of this poem. For example, what he holds in his "fist", are all things that he could have possibly thought for, to end his existence in such a way where he finds himself soon to become nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice! I really like it! see ya

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks for the insight, I was enriched.

    ReplyDelete